Whenever you live in a multi-family dwelling, like an apartment complex, you are liable to have to also contend with the need for insect control services. While there are some things you probably don’t mind sharing with your neighbors (like the pool or laundry room) no one wants to share the insect or even rodent pests that could migrate from an adjoining unit.
We provide pest control Services For Multi-Unit Living Spaces In The Omaha & Surrounding Areas
There are many reasons why apartment buildings are prone to attracting insects and other residential pests, but the simple fact that living areas are in close proximity to one another is a primary reason. Residents with varying standards of cleanliness also stand to impact the level of insect activity among those with whom they share walls, floors, and even connected utility services. The shared infrastructure of apartment buildings can become literal highways for unwelcome pests such as cockroaches, ants, mice, and other annoying pests.
Things You Can Do to Keep Pests Under Control in Your Omaha Apartment
While you can’t control how your neighbors maintain their living spaces – like how often they take out the trash, leave out leftover or uneaten food, or clean up their dirty dishes – there are some common sense things you can do to control insects and pests where you live and discourage an infestation from happening. Here are a few general pest-proofing tips for apartment-dwellers to follow:
- Do not allow garbage to pile up. Dispose of garbage regularly by removing trash bags as they are filled, then place them in external, designated receptacles provided by your apartment complex.
- Promptly store leftover or uneaten food by placing it in the refrigerator or in appropriate sealed containers.
- Do not allow dishes to pile up. Wash, dry and put away dishes at least daily.
- Wipe down kitchen counters to remove any food residue or crumbs.
- Regularly sweep hard-surface floors to remove any crumbs or spillage that may attract hungry insects or other pests.
- Vacuum carpets at least one time per week.
- Keep pet food in closed containers and promptly wipe up any spills or water in and around pet dishes.
- Periodically check for leaks under the kitchen and bathroom sinks. Contact apartment maintenance if any signs of moisture are found in and around these pipes.
Ask your apartment manager to contact Genie Pest Control to discuss ways to keep the insect and pests out of the equation of apartment living for you and your neighbors.
If you can follow these common-sense tips, you can greatly minimize the chances of insect or pest infestations in your apartment. Still, even the cleanest of living spaces can experience a pest control problem. At the first sign of insects or other pests in your apartment, contact your facility manager and find out if professional pest control is included in your lease agreement.
Don’t Hesitate To Contact Genie Pest Control For An Assessment Of Your Unit
Whether or not your complex provides professional insect control services, don’t hesitate to contact Genie Pest Control for an assessment of your unit, the types of pests that exist in your living space and how to eliminate insects from your list of apartment-dwelling concerns.